Ryann Castro

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

The Legend Why Men Lie

Angel Garbiel

Is this the legend why men lie?


Martin is a carpenter. One day, he was doing a carpentry work on house near a river. He hammered with his full strength that the hammer slipped from his grip and fell on river.

Martin cried and suddenly his guardian angel appeared and said: “I will help you get back your hammer Martin” while diving down the river.

The angel surfaced from the river holding a golden hammer. The angel asked Martin “Is this your hammer?” Martin replied “No.”

The angel dove back into the river and resurfaced with a silver hammer. The angel asked Martin “Is this your hammer?” Martin replied “No.”

The angel dove back into the river and resurfaced with an ordinary hammer. The angel asked Martin “Is this your hammer?” Martin happily replied “Yes.”

The angel was impressed on Martin’s honesty and gave both the golden and silver hammer.

After a few days past, Martin and his wife were walking along the river bank when his wife slipped on her footing and fell on the river.

Martin cried and suddenly his guardian angel appeared and said “I will help you get back your wife” while diving down the river.

The angel surfaced from the river with Miss Universe Winner Miss Philippines Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach. The angel asked Martin “Is this your wife?” Martin replied “Yes.”

The angel was enraged and disappointed to Martin and said “You’re a liar Martin! I thought you have a good heart!”

Photo Screen Grab from Doctor Who Weeping Angels

Martin tried to reason out with the angel and said:

“I am sorry my guardian angel because if I answered you with No, you’ll dive back into the river and resurface with Miss Universe First Runner-up Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutierrez. If I say No again, you’ll dive back into the river and resurface with my real wife.”

Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images
Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images

“Because of my honesty, you might give me both Miss Universe Winner Miss Philippines Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach and Miss Universe First Runner-up Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutierrez!”

“I am just a poor man and I can’t afford to have three wives that is why I answered Yes after your first dive.”

Dear readers, if you’re Martin’s guardian angel, would you believe Martin’s reason for lying is for a good and noble reason?

What Now?


* Photos used in this post are not mine and are properties of their respective owners. No copyright infringement intended.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts about my blog. Will get back to you as soon as I can. ~ Ryann